Android 4.2 RootThe guys down at XDA Developers have done it again, releasing a root process for Android 4.2. If you for some reason aren't happy with your current OS, just root and flash a new ROM. This is a stock build of Android 4.2.2, Jellybean, which was released for HSPA Galaxy Nexus devices on 2/11/13. All they did is rooted the system, installed busybox, set the boot.img to insecure, and packaged up the ROM into an easy to install zip file. You can get this root file here.
- The latest Android OS, 4.2.2 Jellybean build JDQ39
- Insecure boot.img (allows for elevated commands such as adb remount)
- Rooted with the latest su binary and SuperSU app
- Busybox 1.21.0 installed for increased functionality of root applications and terminal commands
- Deodexed for easy themeing and modding
- Odexed version also available for purists
- Google - for developing Jellybean, the best version of Android yet!
- Chainfire - for quickly updating SuperSU for Jellybean!
- Goo.im - a great host and resource for developers and the Android community in general
- Anyone I may have missed - thanks for all your contributions!